Thursday, February 14, 2008

Review: Tuesday February 12th, 2008

Some pretty sweet things have happened on February 12th.
  • 1894- First artificial ice rink opens in North America is in Madison Square Garden.
  • 1924 - Calvin Coolidge is the first president to deliver a speech over the radio.
  • 1973- First US POWs released from Vietnam.
  • 1999- Bill Clinton acquitted in his impeachment trial.
  • 2008- Kyle Lutz had a hilariously awesome day.
      • I won three games in EA Sports Hockey by at least 3 points in each game.
      • I had a day off from work.
      • I saw a 300 lb. woman on a bright pink scooter patiently waiting to pull out from a side road in my neighborhood.
      • Power lines went down when a transformer blew a few houses down at about 9:15 PM and caused a fire in a yard. The white-trash photographer in me ran down the street, low quality digital camera in hand, and took a couple decent (but blurry) photos before two fire engines and four cop cars showed up. It was glorious.
      • Most importantly, I had an encounter with yet another crazy person. This time it was not during my morning commute, but at Target. I was in the 'Family Planning' area deciding if I needed 'Ultra Ribbed' or 'Ultra Thin' when, very suddenly, a 55 year old man close to 7 feet tall approached me. "I need some help buying a razor," he said. I stared at this awkward giant for an uncomfortable moment. "I only have three dollars," he continued and held out three one dollar bills in one hand and a pink woman's hairbrush in the other. I wondered if he was homeless, crazy, poor or just all three. "I don't have any cash on me. Sorry," I replied honestly and an bit terrified. The man frowned as if I had crushed every dream he ever had and heaved a massive sigh. "I have to shave. I need a razor," he said, more to himself than to me, and walked away in search of someone else who could cure him of his heavy scruff.
I think I beat Bill Clinton, barely, for the best February 12th in the history of time.

1 comment:

Paul DeKams said...

are you sure that wasn't andre the giant returned from the grave? you probably should've bought him a razor