Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday Breakfast with Pauly: Bacon Chocolate Chip Cornmeal Packages with Blueberry Syrup

Recently, while visiting Chris in Philly, we went to a brunch establishment called Day by Day that offered a wholewheat cornmeal waffle. Chris ordered it, I had a bite and enjoyed the texture and flavor that the cornmeal brought to the dish. So I decided to attempt my own recipe this morning.

After looking round the interwebs for a recipe, I decided to wing it. Here's what I came up with:

Pancakes:
1 cup flour
3/4 cup cornmeal
4 strips bacon
1/2 cup chocolate chips
3/4 cup milk
1 egg
1 teaspoon oil
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons sugar

Syrup:
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup blueberries
1/4 cup sugar

Start off by cooking the bacon to whatever your preferred level of crispness is. While the bacon is cooking, mix the other ingredients for the pancakes, incorporating the bacon after its been cooked and broken up. While your pan is heating up for the pancakes, get your blueberry syrup going. Put all the ingredients in a small pan, cooking on medium heat, and mashing up the blueberries as you go. I'm not going to instruct anyone on how to cook pancakes, as I believe its fairly self evident. Once you're done, top with the warm blueberry syrup and enjoy. Should serve 1-2 people.

1 comment:

writing-essay.org/custom said...

Good recipe. I like such type of breakfast. It's simple,and light from one hand and nutritious from another one